The Chapter House: Westminster Abbey setting for Glimpses of Eternity Exhibition (Until 16th May)
This remarkable octagonal building, with a delicate central column rising to a vaulted ceiling is the glorious setting for Alexander’s exhibition ‘Glimpses of Eternity’ which runs until 16th May 2018.
Built in 1250 The Chapter House was originally used in the 13th century by the Benedictine monks of the Abbey for their daily meetings. In the 1400s through to mid 1500s it was used by the King’s Great Council and the Commons, predictors of today’s Parliament. Medieval wall paintings and tiles are visible. The windows were blown out in 1941 and reglazed by the artist Joan Howson after the war.